Living My Dream

Wow, there’s so much going on in my life right now. Where do I begin? Maybe by telling you how lucky I feel knowing my third book, Taken at Dusk, will be released very soon. And I just found out Awake at Dawn is a finalist in the New England Readers Choice Bean Pot Award in the Young Adult category. I feel so honored and excited. So, a big thank you to all my readers, because without you, none of this would be possible.

When my editor asked me to write young adult, I wasn’t sure how it would go. But then my mind started racing and the characters suddenly sprang to life. The rest, as they say, is history—at least what’s happened in the first three books. I am working on book number four, Whispers at Moonrise, and it isn’t done, yet. So I’m not sure how this one will end, but I know it will be interesting. And I’m oh so excited for Kylie and—Derek or Lucas! No, I’m not saying anything. You’ll just have to wait.

All the buzz for Taken at Dusk has been phenomenal! I have a blog tour, so check my Facebook page to see where I’m blogging and giving away books every day. I’ve also got several book signings and appearances scheduled, and I’ll be announcing those on Facebook as well. And to top it off, Macmillan is having a sweepstakes and they are giving away FIFTY Shadow Falls t-shirts, pens and note pads. If you want to enter, go to  http://us.macmillan.com/macmillansite/promo/shadowfallsgriffinteen?WT.mc_id=10582&WT.mc_id=0, but hurry, the last day to enter is April 16th.

As an author, I can’t imagine my life any better. Well, maybe I can because I do have a pretty wild imagination. But I am very happy being right where I am as I am living my dream. So, tell me, if you were living your dream, what would your life be like?

And today I’ll give away a copy of Awake at Dawn and some pens and notebooks. So make sure you post and come back in one week to see if you won.

28 Responses to Living My Dream

1. Sarah says:

I’m so glad that your YA series is doing so well. You are a great writer and you definitely deserve all the recognition. Hopefully there are many more to come in this series. :)

2. Kayla Prada says:

If I were living my dream right now I would be working as a special agent for the FBI. I would be married with three kids oh and my husband would either be a werewolf or vampire working beside me on FBI missions! LOL! A girl can dream right?! I’m in college right now working towards that dream! By the way I love your Shadow Falls series and I can’t wait for Taken at Dusk! Team Lucas!

3. Connie L. says:

4. Connie L. says:

okay I m not a teen but did enjoy the read…good way for a grown-up to free thier mind of the stress of the day!!!! ( I stole the book from my teen’s room!)

5. Izzy900 says:

If I were living my dream I would probably be someone who is helping a lot of people and inspiring people. Also I’d be helping the environment as well. I love to help people but I don’t quite know how. Hopefully I’ll figure that out soon and can start living my dream. :)

6. Kaitlyn Cox says:

I am so glad that you decided to write this series, because it is one of my absolute favorites! Just to put in my opinion, Kylie and Lucas are soul mates! I really hope they end up together! Of course that is all up to you, the writer! If I was living my dream I would also be a writer! I have written one small book that I am convinced is missing something, so it has been sitting for almost 3 years now. I have a one year old daughter that takes up most of my time, but when she is a little older I hope to have at least one book be on the NYT best sellers list! That is my dream, but I have a long way to go before I get there. A lot of hard work and maybe even a few writing courses to get me back into the swing of things.

7. Jessica S. says:

Hmm…if I was living my dream I would probably be like really happy! Instead I’m working toward my dream and it’s pretty stressful!

8. Liz K. says:

I’m so excited for Taken at Dusk!

If I were living my dream, it would be me and my future husband, happily married, and me writing books and being an author. I love books so much and it would be a dream to create wonderful stories as amazing as those I’ve read, like the Shadow Falls series, the Iron Fey series, and so on.

9. Emm says:

If I was living the dream I’d be able to sleep in, see snow everyday, have all the books I wanted, eat nineteen tons of cake without getting sick, and write stories. Unfortunately, that’s a very distant dream. I’d also be able to read able to read your book already. Why does the date have to be so close but so far away? WHHHYYYY?

10. Cindy S says:

First, I’ve got to agree with the others who have said your series is one of my favorites. I’m so happy it’s April and that the wait is almost over for your next book.

As for my dream, it’s actually to be a writer! Right now I’m working as a technical writer and absolutely love it. The only thing that would make it better would be to get a novel published. If I could have it just right, I would be a technical writer by day and a novelist by night.

11. Jocelyn Mariscal says:

If I were living my dream, I’d be a successful editor and an anthropologist/archaeologist. I’d be reading and editing for a living and traveling the world studying and learning about different cultures, digging up artifacts, and learning about the past, doing what I love. Working toward my dream in college right now and despite all the reading I get, I will read Taken at Dusk, ahhhh can’t wait!!!

12. I won Born at Midnight in a contest and then promptly went out and got Awake at Dawn because I just had to know what happened next. I can’t wait for Taken at Dusk to come out. I for one and really glad you decided to give writing YA a try because I’m hooked on the novels you created:D

13. Missy Siler says:

First off; You thank us when we should be thanking you, C.C Hunter! Thank you for this amazing series. I must say, this is one of the best book series I have ever come across. I relate so well to Kylie and to Della that it is almost freaky. My personality is like a combo with Della’s and a bit of Kylie’s. I go through a lot of the same stuff Kylie does, and I too am still trying to find my place in life. But then again, Della’s life is so much like mine too. It is just awesome. As you can tell, Della and Kylie are my favorite characters. Lol.
    Keep up the good work. I cannot wait for the newest book!

If I were living my dream, my life would feel wonderful. My dream job is to be like a wolf biologist, but with hands on experience with caring for wolves in a wolf habitat. (I have been passionate for wolves since I was very little. Over the years, I have written many papers and even short stories based on my love and knowledge of this creatures. I already know quite a bit about wolves, but I want to learn everything about them. They are such beautiful creatures.)
    I’d wake up every morning, excited for the day ahead and quickly go to my job. I’d spend my days working with other wolf care-takers and resourcers putting all our energy into caring for them, feeding them, and studying them. I’d also personally put much effort into finding places in the wild where they can roam without having to worry about being hunted. Once my day with the wolves would come to an end, I would return home to my writings. I would continue writing stories based on wolves as I worked with them and publish them. I’d not only write fictional stories of adventure, but stories that can help people to realize just how amazing these beautiful creatures are.

14. Misty Sanders says:

I cannot wait to read Taken At Dusk!! The Shadow Falls Series is by far my favorite, and that is saying something I read ALOT. I mean yes I love the Iron Fey, The Vampire Academy, and even The House Of Night Series but Shadow Falls is the best. I love how Kylie has to balance everything as she tries to figure out who she is. One thing that I really like is yes Kylie has to choose between Lucas and Derek but she doesn’t turn into a whore Like Zoey Redbird from The House Of Night did. When it comes down to it I have no idea who I want Kylie to end up with they are both great guys,although I do lean towards Lucas. I await the release of Taken At Dusk, while driving my family crazy counting down every day and announcing it to them. :)

15. Misty Sanders says:

Wow my computer made me post LOL apparently I wrote too much. As for my dream well I want to be a writer. I write every chance I get. I love to be able to tell a story and in the process connect to somebody on a personal level. I relate to Kylie so well thqat I sometime find myself shocked when I see Kylie written there instead of Misty. I don’t care if I become famous or world renoun I just love writing and that is what I intend to do. :)

16. Monica F. says:

If I were living my dream right now, my world would be completely different. The way I live would be completely new. I’d be an inspiration to people. I’d help them. I’d show them that you can be more that a small “ghetto” town. My dream is to be an actress on Broadway, and also a pshycologist. My dream is to make an impact ont this world. To be different. To show everyone that there is so much more that one can do with his or her life. I just want to be seen, heard, and to make a difference.
    Also, I just want to say that this is an amazing series; I have re-read the books almost twenty times in one month, awaiting the arrival of this one! :)

17. Sheimary says:

If I were living my dream life, it would be awesome. I would be a great psychiatrist and a science fiction writer that has a secret life as a singer. My family and me would enjoy life doing things that we couldn’t. Andddddd I’ll be reading to dead :D!!!!

18. Alaina says:

i would love to have a house.. a giant house with a library… i think that would be a dream right there… (and money to pay for it of course).. if i were independently wealthy, i would adore the chance to own a bookstore…

19. Sharon Y. says:

I agree with everyone who says that your Shadow falls series is in deed one of the BEST !!! <3 I LOVE THE BOOKS & Team Lucas all the way!!

Anyways, if i was living my dream i would be an Angel of death with the cool accessorie of a Grim Reaper and would also be living on earth with my other Reaper friends, causing some mayhem and helping people who are in trouble. I would be part Vampire and only reach my full amount of powers when I'm drinking Blood ;) I would have a boy friend that look just like Lucas does in my imagination (abbs & all =D) and we'd be living in a palace like place with all my "delinquent" friends. We would also have pets, and I'm not talking 'bout regular ones either, like the Siberian Tiger, some Wolves, maybe a Pheonix Bird or two. Not to forget, there would be a huge Library in the house, like the one in the Beauty and the Beast! I really wish this was real!!

20. Jenny H. says:

YES! I cannot wait for Awakw at Dawn, I absolutely fell in love with the series and all the characters you have come up with. Everytime I re-read your books, I find myself being transported into another realm.

21. Wendy says:

Congrats on the nomination!

And if I was living my dream, I’d be a successful architect, living near a big lake or the ocean -and of course our house would be designed by moi-, I’d have a loving husband with who I have a lot of stuff in common, we’d talk about anything and everything and we’d go on an adventure or date every weekend, just to keep the relationship fun. We’d have 2 brown huskies named Fred and George a malamute named Bellatrix a golden retriever who I haven’t named yet and 2 cats. And this is probably very shallow but my dream is to own an AM Masonry and Audi R8. That is all. hehe.

22. Abby says:

Hi Christie :) Congratulations on your success with the YA books and wishing you the best of luck with the New England Book Award. Fingers and toes crossed for you! :) Your 3rd YA book looks terrific!

:) Abby

23. Victoria says:

If I was living my dream, I would be a writer just like you. Writing has always been my passion and I’d love to pursue it. :)

24. Ceci says:

I dont really know exactly what my dream ife would be like, but it definately would include cats, lots of books, sewing, chocolate, and more books! :) Surely you can never have enough books!!!!

25. Rocio Avila says:

If i was living my dream…i don’t know what to do. i mean i be happy if it came true, but i know it won’t come true cause know matter how hard i try…it just won’t.

26. k says:

If I were living my dream right now, I would be travelling around the world with my friends, maybe my family and certainly a very yummy Brazilian guy I haven’t seen in ages and miss tons! And we would be having lots of fun :) But also, I would be writing, either as an author or as journalist because that’s what I love to do. I would be doing a radio show again because it’s a lot of hard work but it’s worth it, especially if you are with friends…
    I would be spending time with the people I care about and especially those I haven’t been able to see or talk to since I moved to the Great White North and discovering the world, meeting new people, having new experiences but also having a purpose and being able to fulfill my calling :D

27. Lillie Clark says:

When is the fourth book comming out!?!?!?

28. Pingback: How To Attract Men • Ebook Download • PDF • Guide