It’s here! The big day is FINALLY here! You know what I’m talking about. It is release day for Whispers at Moonrise. Thanks for waiting so patiently for this day. But you don’t have to wait any longer.
So what happens in Whispers at Moonrise? Those of you who follow me on Facebook and Twitter have been getting my list of things you’ll learn in Whispers at Moonrise, but I’ll post it here for those who haven’t seen it.
1. Kicking your boyfriend’s father’s butt might not be good for the relationship.
2. Sometimes following your heart means breaking some rules.
3. Getting trapped in a grave with three dead girls is not a walk in the park.
4. Your parents breaking up sucks. Your mom having a boyfriend, and kissing him in front of you, sucks BIG TIME.
5. When your boyfriend says one thing, but does another, what do you believe? His actions or his words?
6. You can’t always protect the ones you love. Sometimes the only way to protect them is to tell them the truth—even if it hurts.
7. When you are in love, you usually want to talk a lot more about your boyfriend than your girlfriends care to hear.
8. You shouldn’t mess with magic if you don’t know what you’re doing. Especially when someone could end up sterile.
9. Sometimes it is the little choices we make, and not the big ones, that define who we are.
10. Be careful what you wish for or you might end up turning a bright shade of red in the boys’ bathroom.
Okay, but what about for those that know all that? Hmmm…looks like I may have to reveal a few more things. Like Kylie learns that there is a bit of magic in all of us. And when someone is willing to kill for you, they just might not be the enemy you thought them to be. I could say more, but I think it would be better if you just read the book.
To celebrate the release of Whispers at Moonrise, I will be appearing at a number of places for signings and talks. So, here is my schedule, but keep in mind, I will probably be adding to this list. I will keep you updated on Facebook and Twitter. I hope many of you can attend. I’d LOVE to meet you!
October 16th, 7:30 PM, Houston Bay Area Romance Writers of America, Kirkmont MUD Building, 10102 Blackhawk Road, Houston, TX 77089 http://www.hbarwa.com
Oct. 17th, Teen Book Club, 5:00 PM ,South Regional Branch Library, 2101 Lake Robbins Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380
Oct 27th, 2 PM, Barnes and Noble, The Woodlands Mall,1201 Lake Woodlands Dr. #3008, The Woodlands, TX 77381, 281-465-8744 I will be signing and doing a panel talk. Also on the panel are Sophie Jordan –author of the Firelight series and Joy Preble author of Dreaming Anastasia.
November 10th, San Antonio Texas, San Antonio Express-News Children’s Book Celebration—The auditorium of the Tri-Point YMCA
March 15-17th, the SoCal RWA Conference at the DoubleTree Hotel in Santa Ana, CA.
March 29 -30th, Richardson, Texas, Dreamin’ in Dallas, Dallas Area Romance Writers of America http://www.
April 24- 27th, Texas Library Association Annual Conference,
Fort Worth Convention Center, Fort Worth, Texas http://www.txla.org/events
Feb. 2, 2013, Montgomery County Book Festival –Lonestar College, 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, Texas. http://www.
So, do you have your copy of Whispers at Moonrise yet? Did you preorder it? Are you getting it today? Leave a comment and I will pick FIVE lucky winners to receive a Shadow Falls t-shirt and a promotional pack of pens, bookmarks, and pads. If you are reading this on Goodreads, you must leave your comment at http://cchunterbooks.com/blog/ in order to win. Sorry, US residents only, please.
Last week’s winner of Whispers at Moonrise is Calista Davis. Congratulations! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address.