It’s Thanksgiving this Thursday? Well, here in the U.S. it’s Thanksgiving. That means lots of food, lots of desserts, and lots of family time. I’ll be in the kitchen cooking on Wednesday and Thursday morning. The crazy thing is that I’ll be cooking for two days and we’ll eat it all in less than an hour. Ahh, but I still love to cook. I love preparing all that food for everyone and watching them gulp it down. They appreciate it, I can tell.
We mostly eat the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey and dressing, fresh green beans, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, cranberry sauce, and about three different kinds of pie. I should start dieting now, just for that one day.
But Thanksgiving isn’t just about the food. It’s not even just about the family. It really is about giving thanks. And this year, I have a whole lot of things to be grateful about.
• I am thankful for all my awesome readers who have helped me climb the ladder in my writing career! Thank you, guys!
• I am thankful for my family, who continue to amaze me with their support. Hubby is doing the laundry, just so I can write more. Yes, I have some pink bras that used to be white, but I’m not complaining. LOL.
• I am thankful for my friends, who just like Della and Miranda are to Kylie, are always there for me when I need them. Not that any of my friends fight like Miranda and Della, but the laughter we share, the shoulders we offer each other during hard times, are much like the friendship you see in the Shadow Falls books.
• I am thankful for my granddaughter, who keeps me laughing. Just last week, she told someone that she was three and that meant she was old enough to use scissors and knives. When they told her she wasn’t that old, she held up out her hands and said, “Look, I’ve been using scissors for weeks and I still have all ten of my fingers.”
• I’m thankful for this crazy imagination and wacky sense of humor my parents passed down to me. When I sit down to write and these crazy ideas hit, I sometimes don’t know where they came from. Seriously, when I was writing the scene in Whispers at Moonrise and Miranda told Kylie she needed to use her witch powers to zap them a six pack of diet soda, and Kylie zapped a cold shirtless guy with a nice six pack to their kitchen, I do not know where that idea came from! But I’m so grateful these ideas do come.
So what are you guys having for Thanksgiving? What are you thankful for? Today, I will give away three Shadow Falls t-shirts to people who tell me what they are thankful for. Sorry, but due to shipping costs I must limit this giveaway to U.S. residents only. (If you are reading this on Goodreads, you must post your comment on cchunterbooks.com in order to be eligible to win.)
I just learned that Born at Midnight is up for the Readers’ Choice Award in Germany! What an honor! And something else to be thankful for. It is nominated in the Youth and Audiobook categories. All my readers have a chance to vote. Go to http://www.lovelybooks.de/leserpreis/2012/ . (Google offers a translation button at the top.) The categories are listed as Jugend (Youth) and Horbuch (Audiobook) in the German. Select Born at Midnight in the checked box (abstimmen). It then asks for your name and then your email address. The only thing left is to hit “vote now.” Voting closes on November 29, 2012, so hurry!