The Street Team for new spin off series, Shadow Falls: After Dark is now taking applicants. Some of you may wonder what a street team is? Well, a street team member is someone who is an avid fan of my books. I want fans for my street team who have read and loved the first Shadow Falls series. Fans who are willing to help me get the word out about my books.
How does a street team member do that? First, is by word of mouth. I know, personally, I am much more likely to buy a book by a new author if someone I know tells me they’ve read the book and liked it. So a street team member talks up the books. If your local library doesn’t carry the series, you ask them to get it. If you find your bookstore is out of my books, ask them to order more. If you belong to a book club, suggest they read one of my books. Second, is promoting my books through blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and all the social media outlets. Also a street team member keeps up with the new happenings by reading my blog and then retweeting or reposting any of my social media posts. If I’m holding a contest, send it out there to your social media group. Oh, and I love it when street team members stop in for my local book signings and events.
What does a street team member get for being my loyal helper? Well, they get an advanced copy of my book Reborn, to read and help get a buzz going. They get free swag. In the past I’ve done everything from free t-shirts to pads, pens, tote bags and such. This time I’ve got some really neat things to mail out.
The bad thing is that I have to limit the number of people on my street team. I only have space for 100 street team members. And the old street team members who have done wonderful jobs are getting special consideration. So the space is limited. And because my publishing company is involved, other than two or three International members, I have to limit it to U.S. residents. So, if you live overseas (outside the U.S.), make sure you tell me in your email. Believe me when I say I wish I had space for everyone who applies. But this is also defined by my publisher and a lot of the final decisions are being overseen by them. But, hopefully to sweeten the deal, I am going to hold contests and give away fifteen gift prizes of Shadow Falls promo items, some t-shirts, bookmarks, pens, pads, and other really neat stuff, to those who apply but don’t get in. So what you need to do to apply?
Answer the questions below and email them to email@example.com by October 22, 2013. DO NOT ANSWER THEM IN THE COMMENT SECTION OF THIS BLOG.
- How many Shadow Falls books have you read?
- How have you promoted my books?
- Do you have a Facebook page? If so, how many followers do you have?
- Do you have a blog? If so, what is the address and how many followers do you have?
- Do you have a Twitter account? If so, how many followers do you have?
- What was the name of Kylie’s mortal boyfriend who broke up with her in Born at Midnight?
- What was the name of the vampire in charge of Campmate Hour in Awake at Dawn that Kylie has to ask for a favor?
- In Taken at Dusk, what did Red do because he wanted to impress Kylie?
- In Whispers at Moonrise, someone tells Kylie, “A shame that you are not one of us.” Who?
- What is your favorite scene from Chosen at Nightfall?
Don’t worry if you don’t get all the questions about my books right. The object is to find out if you have actually read them. And again, email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org, don’t answer them in the comment section of this blog. You’ll give all the answers away!