Okay, last week I answered some of the questions I get asked the most, and I invited you to ask me any other questions you wanted to ask me. So, here I go.
1. Do you have a writing playlist or do you prefer to write in total silence? (Leslie)
I don’t play any music when I write. I find it’s too distracting. Don’t get me wrong, I love listening to music, but only after I’m finished for the day (preferably sipping a glass of red wine)
2. A lot of my favorite writers always wrote on their blogs that they write every single day, that they always show up for it no matter how their schedule is. Back in the time when you were not a professional writer, did you write every single day? How did you do it then? Because I always feel so exhausted after class… If I do not write everyday does that mean I will never be a writer? It just terrifies me. (Sarah)
No, I didn’t write every day before I decided I wanted to be a writer. It was only after I made that decision that I tried to write every day. Some days I didn’t write that much (I had a small daughter), and other days I wrote a lot, and there were days I didn’t write at all. But the commitment and intent was there. Sure, things happen some days and you can’t find the time, but every day is a new day, and every day you commit to write.
3. I noticed you said you studied other authors and writing when you began. Did you discover a book or author that really resonated with you or changed you for the better that you would recommend? (Courtney H.)
I read and studied some of my friends who were published: Janice Hudson and Susan Elizabeth Phillips and Nora Roberts. They all had a profound effect on my writing. I learned how to give the readers what they really wanted—an emotionally satisfying ending.
4. I just wanted to know if you have weird and secret writing rituals. Like put on some warm cat socks and have a cup of hot chocolate before you start writing or something? What helps you to be “in the mood” for putting on your writing pants? (Sarah)
I’ve said this before, but writing is my job. I go to work every day just like millions of other people. It might just be going down the hall to my study, but I arrive, coffee cup in hand, ready to go to work. I write for an hour or so, then I usually go walking with a writer friend. Then, back to work until about 5 PM, only with a quick stop for lunch. Unless I’m on a tight deadline, in which case I’ve been known to work late into the night.
5. When will we get more details on your new upcoming series? (JayCee) AND Do you have any information on your newest upcoming book? Release date, title, synopsis, etc? (Gabrielle) AND Are you going to write anymore books like Shadow Falls? (Mia)
Soon, very soon. What I can say is that I have already finished another book, and while it doesn’t involve Shadow Falls, it is like my Shadow Falls books because it is about friendships, has a little paranormal, a bit of mystery and a whole lot of heart.
6. Are you still planning on turning Shadow Falls into a movie? If so which actors do you see playing the main characters? (Selina) AND Will there be a movie? I would love to see this series come to life! (Jaden)
I would love to see a Shadow Falls movie. The truth is, I sold the rights to CDS a while ago. They were working on a script, when they were sold to another company. So, now I’m not sure what’s going to happen, but as soon as I learn anything definite, I’ll post it on this blog. So, be sure to read this every week.
As for a dream cast, well, it would kind of depend on when the movie would go into production. I could say who I’d like to see star in a Shadow Falls movie, but I don’t know when or if it will get produced, and the actors might be too old by then. So, I hesitate to say at this point. However, if you go to YouTube.com, you’ll see several videos posted by fans that show their dream casts. Who would you like to see as Kylie, Lucas, Derek, Della, Miranda, Holiday and Burnett?