I decided to answer some more of the questions I have had fans ask me. Some are rather odd, but some are ones I get asked a lot, so you’ll probably want to know the answers, too.
- Where did you come up with the idea of Kylie’s supernatural being?
Well, the great thing about being a writer is that you can make up stuff. You really aren’t bound by nature’s laws. Want a vampire in your novel? Bam, you write one in. Want a dragon? Same thing! When I was writing about Kylie, I knew she was special and I wanted the kind of paranormal she was to be special and just as unusual as she was. So, I asked myself, why does she have to be just one kind of paranormal? Why can’t she be them all? And so that’s what I made her—a chameleon!
- I have decided to get a tattoo of an open book & coming out of it will be emblems representing one of my favorite book series. What you think would be a good symbol to represent Shadow Falls? As the creator of Shadow Falls, what comes to mind as a good symbol to represent Shadow Falls? As the creator of Shadow Falls, what comes to mind as a good symbol to represent it?
This was a very difficult question to answer. I don’t have any tattoos, and I can’t imagine anything I could put on my body that I’d still like ten or even five years later. But I know tattoos are popular, so I answered the best I could. Maybe a chameleon or a death angel?
- When you write those sexy, romantic scenes, do you research them with your husband?
Heck no! Now don’t get me wrong, my husband can be very romantic, but he’d kill me if I wrote about personal things. Actually, I just remember back to when I was a teenager and how I felt and what guys did to impress me or what things that made me go all soft and gooey inside. Turns out, I have a pretty good memory. J
- Is there going to be a Shadow Falls movie?
Good question—and it’s one I’ve been asked a lot lately. Actually, my best answer is that I don’t know. A while ago I sold the rights to Shadow Falls to CDS. CDS was even working on writing scripts. I was even asked to clarify some things and give my input. But then, suddenly, CDS was sold to another company. So, now I don’t know what’s going on and where the Shadow Falls movie stands. I will tell you that as soon as I hear anything at all, I’ll announce it first on my blog.
- How do you come up with your characters’ names?
I’m the worst at picking my characters’ names! I’ve tried all sorts of things, but the best I’ve found is to just go to a real (not virtual!) phone book and pick out random first names, then pair them with random last names.
So do you have any crazy or not so crazy questions for me?