If you have read The Mortician’s Daughter, did you write a review? Perhaps you meant to, but never got around to it. Or maybe you never write reviews. What’s so important about reviews, anyway? Well, they’re actually very important to authors. Book reviews left by readers on Amazon.com and Goodreads can make a huge difference in the success of an author. So many people read reviews before they purchase a book. A friend of mine is in a book club and they always check out the reviews and ratings before selecting their next book. And if your book gets a lot of reviews, it can help a book’s ranking on Amazon or help get your books into indie bookstores. Also, if your book gets lots of reviews on Goodreads, it can convince a local bookseller to stock your book. On the flip side, if you read a book you love and it doesn’t get many reviews, you might have a problem finding the author’s next book. So, if you like a book, write a review on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, Kobo, etc. The author will really appreciate it.
And if you haven’t read The Mortician’s Daughter, here’s what you’ll learn:
- It’s tough being the new kid in school, but it’s even harder when your dad is the mortician.
- You can make friends in the most unlikely places.
- When you lose your mom when you’re little, it’s hard. But you miss her even more when your dad has to buy you your first bra.
- Google is a lifesaver for all questions about puberty, but also if you want to know the signs of an alcoholic or find out how someone died.
- Even a hot ghost with deep blue eyes and a killer smile can be sexy and can make your heart go pitter patter.
- It always hurts when your old boyfriend starts dating someone else. It hurts even more when happens the second you move away.
- Meeting a cute guy can feel awkward. It’s even more awkward if all you’re wearing is tiny towel.
Plus, you’ll fall in love. I won’t say with who, you’ll just have to read the book!
The winners of a copy of Mary Lindsey’s Haven are Kate C., Kanyon K., Bethany Averie and Ally. Congratulations! I know you’ll love it. Please send me your postal address at email@example.com.